- What is the shelf life of ColorFill?
- Do you have a ColorFill chart?
- The range of Worktops and Flooring I stock are not on your database. How do I find out the ColorFill references to match?
- How many ColorFill tubes will I need per worktop joint?
- Can I use ColorFill for natural timber with a paint or varnish finish?
- How do I remove any excess ColorFill from laminate?
- What is the shelf life of ColorSealant?
- Does ColorSealant expand and contract with the floor?
- Is colorSealant suitable for use in bathroom areas?
- Can I use my existing router with Unika Jigs?
- I am getting a poor finish on male/female joint faces?
- I am getting a sharp angle near the postform edge on male/female?
- I am getting a good finish but the male & female do not match up?
- I am getting inconsistent results for example wandering edges?
- There are irregular gaps on RH male and/or LH female face?
- How much flooring does ClicSeal cover?
- Can I use ClicSeal after the floor has been laid to seal joints?
FAQ’s for Mitrebond
1 Year – The shelf life of the adhesive can be shortened if left in conditions over 25°C, and prolonged in cold conditions.
How do I remove MitreBond which has been spilt onto a laminate top?
You need to use ColorFill Solvent. It is however a slow process, never attempt to remove the cured adhesive with a knife or scraper.
FAQ’s for ColorFill
24 months – ColorFill is completely Frost Free and is best stored in cool conditions.
We exactly match all laminates, flooring, worktop, against ColorFill & ColorSealant. The references can be obtained from any Unika distributor, calling Unika direct or visiting the ColorFill Database of this website.
You need to find out the manufacturer of the laminate and the laminate reference number and then search the ColorFill database. If the reference number is still not there you will need to send a small sample of the laminate to Unika and we will match this for you and contact you with the ColorFill reference number.
One 25g ColorFill tube is sufficient to join one worktop joint.
No, it is not suitable for natural timber with a paint/varnish finish. Please use FloorFill repair for timber.
Repairing Chips and Scratches – Use ColorFill solvent and a white tissue being careful not to dislodge any ColorFill from the repaired area. A final coat of ColorFill can be applied later if necessary.
Sealing Worktop Joints – Use ColorFill solvent and a white tissue being careful not to dislodge any ColorFill. Do this by cleaning across the joint at 90 degrees to the cut at all times.
Back to top
FAQ’s for Worktop Jigs
You need a guide bush with an outer diameter of 30mm and a 12.7mm diameter cutter. We recommend routers rated at a minimum of 1500w for cutting worktops. From listening to Kitchen Fitters and Carpenters over the years we have compiled the following trouble shooting guide to help overcome common problems encountered when using a Unika Jig. Used correctly, your jig will give perfect results every time.
Probable cause: Incomplete routing process
Remedy: Ensure final stroke against far edge of centre slot is performed.
Probable cause: Incomplete routing process.
Remedy: Ensure final stroke against far edge is performed.
Probable cause: Incorrect size of cutter and/or guide bush.
Remedy: Ensure you are using a 12.7mm cutter and 30mm guide bush, nothing else is suitable.
Probable cause: Loose guide bush.
Remedy: Ensure the guide bush is firmly attached to the router base.
Probable cause: Poor router control
Remedy: Ensure the cutter remains absolutely perpendicular on these cuts.
FAQ’s for ClickSeal
How much flooring does ClicSeal cover?
10 square metres of floor
Back to top
No. ClicSeal must be applied to the tongue as the floor is being laid.
Back to top